Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Living With My New Family

I came to my forever home on November 23, 2011.  The first night I whined for my doggie family.  My new mommy helped me to calm down and I finally fell asleep in this thing they called a crate.  My mommy was asleep in a thing called a recliner.

When I woke I made a huge mess in my bed, but mommy knew that this was part of my beginning of learning new and exciting things.  So, we went on a long walk and I mean it was a long walk.  She was so patient with me and I finally became a little more relaxed.

When I got in the house I had my breakfast in my brand new bowl.  I was so hungry and the bowl had these weird ridges that made me take little bites at a time.  I loved my water and then I made another mess in the house after another walk.  I also got to explore a little bit and found out that they had this furry thing called a cat.. Man I took off after it and it flew over a gate...

My next thing on the agenda was a bath since I had a stinky mess all over my body.  So, my mommy put me in the sink and gave me a bubble bath with some nice warm water.  She then dried me off with a towel.  The next thing was this weird machine that blew hot air.  I was so calm for her while my new sissy dried and my mommy used the brush.  I was so handsome when she was finished.

The next day was a holiday called Thanksgiving.  I got to go too my great Papa's house in the country.  I did make messes on the floor even after my mom had me out.  I tried to play with Shadow and he wanted nothing to do with me.  Oh well, hopefully one of these days we'll get to play together.  Maybe when I'm not so crazy and settle down I can play quietly with Shadow.  My mommy had me lay down near her and  I went to sleep by her feet.  When I'm a Service Dog that is where my position will be which is to be near my mommy.


The next two weeks were walks, having accidents in the house, learning to use pee pads and getting one bath after another.  I also started sleeping with my mommy at night.  She made me feel safe and secure.  I loved to cuddle up to her.  She had this crazy thing on her face called a C-Pap and I kept trying to catch the air that was blowing out of the hole  On December 5th my mommy took off to a place called Virginia to visit other people called her family too.  I was told she would be gone for three weeks.  I also was adjusting to a new dog food called Taste of the Wild - Salmon.  I don't know if it was the food or my nerves because I had loose stools.  Hence the baths that I had to get all the time. 

She had a schedule and my friend Susan really followed it and my sissy was working nights and sleeping days and I got into more trouble.  I learned how to yank everything off the dinning table, chewed the table cloth to shreds, etc.. You name it I could find more trouble to get into.  I continued to make a holy mess out of the kitchen floor and living room floors.  Everyone in the house was trying to keep up with the accidents.  I was a holy terror on four legs.  I spent Christmas with my great Papa and I played with Shadow out in the yard.  We had a blast.  Then when I tried it in the house he let me know that I was getting to close.

Well, on the 5th of January 2012 my mommy returned late at night.  I got to go too the airport and was so excited to see my mommy.  When we got home she took me out for a walk and then we went to bed.  I woke up around 7 AM and she took me out.  It's now on to my next step of training... My mommy came home with an attitude that said "She's boss" and I'm to listen to her.  So, my next chapter begins...

Enjoying my bone...

I find Susan's cat bed quite comfortable

Hi Mommy...

I love my new Dino toy that I got for Christmas..

I still love my Angry Bird toy..

No comments:

Post a Comment