Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Life Of Becoming A Service Dog

My mom, Misty along with my bothers and sister.

Learning to play outside -- I'm the large one
Sir Ailbe - 4 1/2 wks


Hi,
My name is Ailbe (Al-bay) and I'm a male Standard Poodle.  I was born on September 27, 2011 to Misty and Rommel.  I was born at the Harmony Mtn Kennel whose owners are; Rich and Lori Horst.  This wonderful couple raises hunting "pudels" and many of their dogs are great hunters with many fancy titles

I was the largest pup in the litter and my color is cream.  I have five brothers and one sister.  One of my brothers was also a cream and the others were all black.  I was told that within the next three years their colors could change to Silver (like my mommy) or Blue (like my daddy).

Life was awesome living with my mommy and daddy and loads of other poodles.  When I was about 4 1/2 weeks old this wonderful lady, her daughter, and grandson came to visit.  She was starting to choose which cream pup was going to be hers.  I thought she was pretty cool and she really liked my size.  She was saying something that I was going to be a Service Dog for her.  I don't know what that is, but I'm game to find out.

On November 23, 2011 this wonderful lady returned and guess what --- She's my new mommy!!!  I got a little sick in the car on the way to her home, but I was OK with the long trip to my new home.  When we finally got there I met this big brown dog, named Shadow.  I was so excited that I wanted to play with him.  Only problem he didn't and my mom had to move him to another room.

I also learned what my name means.  It's an Irish (Gaelic) word meaning white.  It's the Irish way of saying a Latin word, Albus.  My mom is going to register my name as "Sir Ailbe Knight of Harmony Mtn"  .. I also know that I was born to serve a disabled American Veteran.  I will grow up to become a Service Dog and help my mommy enjoy life to the fullest.

So, remember the stories of the "White Knight" always helping the "Damsel In Distress"?  Well, basically my life will be a Service Dog.  My mommy is the "Damsel In Distress" and it will be my duty to honor and serve her.

 November 23, 2011 - Time to leave my poodle family

No comments:

Post a Comment