Monday, November 3, 2014

Sir Ailbe Knight's Journey - Day 22

My girls and Ailbe
5:45 AM - Wake up (Med time)
6:15 AM - Out for a walk/run for my morning break
6:45 AM - Breakfast for mom and me

It was only 37 degrees out this morning.  I will get my winter coat this morning. I can't wait till my daughter, Teresa bring Sedona and Selah for a visit.  That will be my highlight of the day.

After my early morning routine I decided to shave Ailbe's face, inside of his ear flaps and the sanitary area.  This was a huge challenge for me doing it from a wheelchair.  Ailbe is such a trooper and he didn't care that I nicked him a few time and shaved too close.  After I was done I washed his wounds with nice warm water.  After I tried him off I put Neosporin plus Pain Relief on all the areas that needed it.  This helped him a lot.  There was no licking at all for the entire day.

Teresa brought me lunch today.  It was a Whopper combo with onion rings.  OMG!!!  After a month of crappy food the Whopper tasted so good.  We all ate lunch in the Family Room.  It was so great to talk to Teresa and the girls.

After lunch we went back to my room.  I let Ailbe out of his crate and he was in 7th heaven playing with his girls.  The girls tossed his ball and they played fetch.  I have two balls here and so both of them could play.

Then I took out my drawer of goodies that I had from my Bingo nights.  They really enjoyed getting all of my special things.  I also gave them the quilts and lap afghan that I was given.  They all loved the things I gave them.









My family left a little bit before 3 PM because I had Mass to go too.  My spirits were high after they left and it started me to have a happy week.

After another lousy dinner I watched some programs and read some magazines.  I took Ailbe out around 11 PM tonight and thank heavens I had my winter coat with me.  The wind and cold were horrible.  I heard tomorrow it will be in the 20s..... BURR.... Winter is fast approaching...

Then it was time to let Ailbe go into his crate for the night.  Then it was lights out till tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment