Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Sir Ailbe Knight's Journey - Day 30

5:45 AM - Wake up (Med time)
6:15 AM - Out for a walk/run for my morning break
6:45 AM - Breakfast for mom and me

WOW!! What a crappy day it was today.  I asked to get my ankle wound care to get done before my shower because I needed my splint put back on.  Buzzed the front at 8:30 am and again at 9 am.  They said they'll be right in.  So, I got my shower before the splint was put on and so I had to be really careful not to get the leg wet.  I also didn't want to stand in the shower even with my walker due to being afraid of not having any protection to the ankle.  After I got back to my room I buzzed again to get my wound care and splint put back on.  I worked on my lady bug tea cozy and got the binding done while I was waiting for a nurse to show up.  10 am - 10:30 am - 11 am - 11:30 am were my buzz times to the nurses station.  Ailbe had to go out and I waited for a long time to get the splint on that I finally took him out at 11:15 am for his morning walk.  Finally, around 11:40 the nurse came in and said that no one told me that I had you today.  Well, I was now 1 1/2 hours late getting my morning meds.  It was also lunch time.  She got the splint on till she could do the wound care afterwards.  I was 15 minutes late for lunch in the dining room and then have a dietary worker said "why are you late" .. I said I had to wait for medical care.  Basically it was none of his business.  When I got back to my room I was tired and had to wait for the nurse to show up to do the wound care and give me my morning meds.  Finally at 2 PM I laid down and was constantly disturbed which made me even more grumpy.

After Ailbe was fed we went out for a walk about an hour after he was done eating.  I watched a couple shows before I decided it was time for lights out.  Took Ailbe out for his last walk around 10 pm and then I got ready for bed.  Nurse came in for my meds and I just got in bed to finally get some sleep.  See you all tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment