Monday, November 3, 2014

Sir Ailbe Knight's Journey - Day 19, 20, 21




5:45 AM - Wake up (Med time)
6:15 AM - Out for a walk/run for my morning break
6:45 AM - Breakfast for mom and me

I'll just try to highlight what I've been up too since Wednesday.  As usual its laying down for a couple hours to relieve the swelling in both legs.  The food hasn't changed because it still stinks.  My blood sugars have been really low in the mornings and the days levels are really good.  If they're above 150 then I will cut out certain things on my tray that can spike it.

Ailbe is such a good boy.  His system is back on track and is slowly gaining the weight back that he's lost since June.  His energy levels are high because he feels great.  The boogers in his eyes (usually a sign of food allergies) are slowing disappearing.  He'll either do one or two packages a day.  That's a whole lot better then doing 4 to 6 of them a day.  The more a dog does them means the food isn't being used in his system.  I will keep Ailbe on Nature's Recipe Easy Digestible formula for the rest of his life.  I used it for Shadow, my previous service dog.  Shadow stayed healthy on this formula for his entire life till brain cancer claimed him in June.

Ailbe's outside energy level going around the track has really changed.  His head is held high and he loves to prance to the rhythm of the scooter.  His new task of picking up his leash after his outdoor business is such a hoot.  He'll carry it for the entire eight laps with joy in his heart.



I'm still using my PC as my form of entertainment.  Now that its November I have to finish my Christmas projects.  Sewing on the binding won't take long.  I just got to tell myself "DO IT" instead of saying "Oh, maybe another day".

I was given a couple more lap quilts and another crochet lap afghan.  I think I'll give them to the grandkids.





Halloween came and went this year.  I really missed going out with my grandkids.  Next year I can't wait to tag along with them.

Trick or Treat

So, hopefully I won't fall behind on my daily journal.  Once you start getting behind its hard to catch up....  See you on Sunday....


No comments:

Post a Comment