Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sir Ailbe Knight's Journey - Day 23



5:45 AM - Wake up (Med time)
6:15 AM - Out for a walk/run for my morning break
6:45 AM - Breakfast for mom and me

Well, Jack Frost officially arrived last night. I took Ailbe out at 6 AM and there was frost everywhere. All I heard from Ailbe was crunch, crunch as he walked thru the grass. So, I came back in to see what the temp was -- 28 DEGREES!!! The high today will be in the low 60s and the night temps will be in the mid 40s. Since Ailbe is still hungry I've increased his food to 5 cups a day. Once I see he's got a little meat on his bones then I'll cut back. At the moment when its cold he seems to burn off more calories. Since he had a short shave a month ago I'm holding off on his groom till the week of Thanksgiving. I did shave his face and sanitary area yesterday. It was very interesting to do it when you're in a wheelchair. Ailbe was very patient with me even when I gave him some nicks here and there. He's such a trooper and will tolerate anything thrown his way.

At least my dad consisted of a nice hot shower.  I call it a luxury at the moment since we're limited on how many we get per week.  After I was done I took Ailbe out for another walk/run, but we only stayed out long enough for him do his business.  The wind was strong which made the air feel colder then it actually was.

After lunch I watched one program before laying down for a nap.  I'm so tired by 1 PM that it seems so good to snuggle under the blanket.  Plus my room is cold and I just wanted to warm up.  I woke up for my meds and finger prick before dinner.  Out for a quick break for Ailbe.

After dinner I fed Ailbe which he ate really quickly.  BINGO is on Monday night and that's at 7 PM.  So, before the game I took Ailbe out.  I went to the front desk to get help to get down to the games and I was told "You know where its at... start pushing yourself and you'll get there" ... What the heck ... I don't ask for anything else, but going that far in a wheelchair is extremely hard on my left shoulder and elbow.  I can handle the chair in the area where my room is, but not that long distance.  So, it took me awhile to get there which left me in pain.  At least BINGO was fun and I won $8 tonight.  Again no assistance on getting back and this time the pain was thru the room.  Did they care ---- NO!!  I was so ticked off.  From now on I'll give them the silent treatment.  I just wish I could go home, but no weight bearing is the pits.

After our 10 PM last call I put him in the crate and took off my splint.  It felt so good to take it off.  I might as well enjoy it because once the cast goes on I won't be able to see my foot for about 6 to 8 weeks.

I watched TV for awhile before taking Ailbe back out for his final call.... Then it was lights out for me.  I'm usually turning off my lights at 11 PM.  I can't stay up late like I can at home.  5:45 AM is way too early for me to get up... So, night all ....



No comments:

Post a Comment