Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sir Ailbe Knight's Journey - November 23 thru November 29




5:45 AM - Wake up (Med time)
6:15 AM - Out for a walk/run for my morning break
6:45 AM - Breakfast for mom and me

Days 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49:  Another week has flown by where nothing much has happened.  All I can say is the mornings have been COLD.  Most of this week the temps have either been in the 60s during the day with the lows in the 30s and 40s at night.  Some nights have been in the 20s. Winter will officially be here in a month PLUS Christmas.  I LOVE Christmas and its sad that I have to spend it here UNLESS I can do partial weight bearing.  Another issue is "if" they send me home with no care and for me to defend myself.  They just don't realize how bad my driveway is and that I can't ride a wheelchair thru the gravel of my driveway.

November 23, 2011
 Sunday (November 23):  Three years ago today I brought Ailbe home from the breeder.  He was a little fluff ball.  Where did the time go. The usual Sunday watching a movie or catching up on some shows.  I also decided to try to take my scooter around the "old" indoor walking loop and use that on the cold (34 degrees this morning) and rainy days.  At least Ailbe can walk/run in the comfort of nice warm inside.  The meals are still bad and I know I'm loosing weight because I'm not even eating half of what's on my plate.  Mass was at 3 PM and that helps break up the boredom the week has in store.  When I got done taking Ailbe out afterwards it was dinner time.  In the evening I would watch some shows on the PC before taking Ailbe out around 10 PM for final call.  Lights out around 11 PM....

Monday (November 24):  Another day of doing the same routines.  I'm so glad Ailbe is enjoying himself.  It was a lovely day in the 70s and so we did our outside activities.  It won't be long before its cold 24 x 7.  I also do a lot of naps to keep the swelling down.  The pain is getting better too.  I also have daily wound care and you never know when they're going to do it.  After supper I turned the TV on for awhile before going out on a final call.  Ailbe and I settled down at 11 PM....



Tuesday (November 25):  Here we are with another day in Rehab.  Time just seems to drag on.  Temps today in the 60s and cloudy.  We're heading into a week of bad weather.  Old Man Winter is trying to move in.  Today we had afternoon BINGO in our dining room.  I guess I was on a roll because I won a few games, but the biggest win was winning the coverall.  I won $11 today...   We did our afternoon nap even if it was for an hour.  Ailbe just loves people and he's doing better in his scooter habits.  Outside he'll carry the leash till we get into the hospital.  I now have to keep a shorter leash length when using the scooter.  It keeps him close, but just far enough out to prevent his paws from getting run over.  After watching my shows we were in bed by 11 PM.

Wednesday (November 26):  Man it was a rainy and cold day.  My family couldn't come today due to snow in their area.  I don't blame them on not driving in it.  We did a lot of laps around the hospital loop.  The one section has very little people traffic and I can have Ailbe running of a full run.  Then we go back to normal speed as weave around the people traffic.  We did get wet every time we had to go out for our breaks today.  I did try the umbrella, but the wind was trying to take us away.  I had Ailbe wear his boots to help keep his feet dry.  We had BINGO tonight and I didn't have the luck like yesterday.  I managed to win $3 by being next to a winner.  So, I read some magazines and watched my programs after BINGO.  Then it was last call at 10 PM with lights out by 11 PM.

Thanksgiving 2011
Thursday (November 27):  Happy Thanksgiving!!!  We were suppose to have a "feast" today put on the Veterans Motorcycle group.  The food was OK and all it did was to make me feel sad because I had no family to be with this year.  The weather was in the 40s today and so we did the inside loop.  I did like the ham from the dinner.  I made a little sandwich out of the roll and ate it around 3 in the afternoon.  Dinner that was served at 5 PM was pushed aside.  I ate very little because it didn't look good.  We watched some of my shows and read some magazines.  It was finally time to go too bed early.  I was so tired... As I was starting to drift off a Facetime call came in from my grandsons.  That ended my day with a smile.  Then my daughter texted me for some cash to do the final shopping I had to do.  Finally, It was lights out at Midnight.

Friday (November 28):  During one of our morning walk/run in the hospital loop I bumped into Office Almond.  We went back to the Police office to go over info on Service Dogs.  Found out that I can have Ailbe on my bed for he perform his tasks.  I did try to talk to LeeAnn in the patient rep area, but she's out till next week.  I did find out that there's new regs out and I said thank you for him helping me out.  He likes Ailbe and says he such a good dog.  Even thou the clinics were open today it seemed to be very quiet with not too many people.  It probably will be back to normal starting next week.

Saturday (November 30):  It seems the weekends take forever to end.  We don't eat in the dining room either and we can't choose our main dish.  We had some kind of beef w/ noodle dish for dinner.  It wasn't tasty and so I only ate a little bit of it.  I can't wait to have a good home cooked meal.  Most of my day was finishing sewing my sunshine owl ... Its basically - wake up - take care of Ailbe's needs for the day - naps - watch programs on my PC - naps to take the swelling away and then going to bed by 11 PM.  Monday begins my second month here and I'll tell you that I miss my home and especially my bed.  I also miss taking daily showers.  I'm so over taking a sponge bath in the sink.  I feel like I've been camping out for two months.  So, good night one and all and hopefully next week will be more fun.




I'm now going to do a short summary of each day and then post it by time the next week begins.

Night all -- see you next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment