Thursday, October 30, 2014

Sir Ailbe Knight's Journey - Day 18

5:45 AM - Wake up (Med time)
6:15 AM - Out for a walk/run for my morning break
6:45 AM - Breakfast for mom and me

I can't believe my middle child has turned 33 yrs old today.  It only seems like yesterday that she came into this world.

Ailbe did a great walk/run before I headed back to my room to lay down.  I wanted no swelling in my surgical foot because I had my f/u appt this afternoon.  Before I had a chance to lay down Ailbe wanted to play ball and so we had a great time playing fetch.  Then he went to his crate to lay down and I went to my bed.  I was just getting comfortable before he decided he had to join me and cuddle.  I hate laying down and people wanting to interrupt our time.  Oh, well.....

After lunch I had my Podiatry appt.  The clinic was running behind and I think it was almost 1 1/2 hrs before I got seen.  I was looking forward to getting my cast on and when they took off the soft cast I had a nasty wound infection brewing.  So, they took out the staples and stitches and just put on a simple dressing.  They made a splint and then put an ace wrap around it.  I'm so disappointed to have a set back.  I now have to get daily wound care for the next two weeks.  I'm also back on antibiotics which is my third round.  Ailbe was so good thru out the appt.  It was a small room and it was extremely hard to get the scooter in and out of the room.  I forgot my camera and I'll take pics in two weeks with Ailbe.  I'll take a pic tomorrow of the wound, but won't post it here.

Before heading back to my room I took Ailbe out for a walk/run.  My appt didn't end till 3:30 PM.  After returning to my room Ailbe wanted to play with his monkey and ball.  What ever he gave me I tossed it.  Then it was time for dinner....

After dinner we went out for a few laps around the track before going back to the room.  I finally got to talk to my daughter on her birthday.  I managed to finish a couple programs and then after his final outside routine I went to bed.  Another day is done....

Good night one and all ... See you again...

No comments:

Post a Comment