Thursday, October 16, 2014

Sir Ailbe Knights Journey - Day 5

Paws For My Heart

5:45 AM - Wake up
6:15 AM - Out for a walk/run for my morning break
6:45 AM - Breakfast for mom and me (He's still doesn't like eating more,but does finish it by Noon)
7:15 AM - Playtime in the room


Most of the morning I stayed in bed to keep the swelling down.  There is some in the right, but my left foot and ankle are extremely swollen.  I've been keeping them up in the wheelchair, but they needed to have them up higher.  Ailbe got to snuggle up with me today.  We also had people come in and out.  Got my grabber and a handy tool to help get my pants on and off.  All Ailbe did was curl up on his bed and sleep.  He's amazing and I love it that he can stay so quiet.  I wish he was this way at home.  He just knows when it means to work.  He still plays ball in the room and runs lap.  He's totally occupied to keep him busy.

After one morning break I went and put my laundry into the washing machine.  After another break I called into the conference with all the top medical staff which included my doctor,social worker, nurses, etc.  They asked questions and discussed my care.  I don't know how often they do it,..

Then it was time for lunch.  The food is still terrible, but you have to eat.  So, then back to the room to feed Ailbe.  Then it was time for an outside break. Got back in time for PT.  Did more upper body exercises.  Then it was time for pain meds. I went 9 hrs between having any.   Out for another break.  Dang -- my scooper broke (I fixed it later with yarn and hopefully it will work again.  Laid down till it was time for dinner (30 min) and then off to the dining room.

After dinner I checked my email and finished up one program.  Then off to BINGO.  I won winnings because I was on the right of the original winner.  I have about $15 saved already.

Now I'm done with my programs and my blog for today.  So, good night one and all...

No comments:

Post a Comment