Saturday, October 25, 2014

Sir Ailbe Knight's Journey - Day 13




5:45 AM - Wake up (Med time)
6:15 AM - Out for a walk/run for my morning break
6:45 AM - Breakfast for mom and me

This morning is suppose to be a busy one with a Preschool bringing some kids in for Harvest Time activities.  So, I was able to take a shower this morning before 9 AM.  When I got done and dressed for the day I took Ailbe out for his morning walk/run and package delivery.  The weather is quite cool and windy today.  The sun is shinning, but its not warming up the air.  Winter will be here soon.

It was time to go outside for the activities.  The little ones were so cute.  I got a little pumpkin from one of them.  Watching them bob for apples brought back memories when my daughter did it at her birthday party.  The kids were having so much fun....


Little Pumpkin



Then it was time to head back to our rooms.  The little ones were going to be eating in the dining room with us.  We had a half hour before lunch and so I worked on my blog to get caught up.  I had fried fish and mac & cheese for lunch and apples.  They call this a diabetic diet that's loaded with carbs.  So, I'm going to have to watch what I eat and eliminate all the extra trappings they put on the plate.

My left ankle and foot were still quite swollen and it was going to be another afternoon in bed.  I think I'm so bored that I have no issue with sleeping.  Pain is a whole lot better and I'm down to twice a day with the stronger meds.  So, I was off to dreamland and was woken up by the pain that did creep in.  Got my meds and then went out with Ailbe for a walk/run.  We put in 8 laps before going back in.  By time I got back it was time to check my glucose and get my afternoon meds.  Then off to dinner which wasn't to good.  At least Sir Ailbe enjoyed his.

A nurse came in at 6 PM to tell me about an activity called "Ladies Night Out" for female patients.  Its a monthly activity.  This months theme was "Mardi Gras"....  They usually have less then 10 and so they invite other Staff members.  They had barbeque pork sandwiches, coleslaw, chips, brownies and drinks.  Thank goodness I didn't eat much dinner.  The food was great and I'll take the brownies back to the room.  My glucose levels have been great because I'm eliminating the junk on the tray. They had a cute craft to do.  It was a beaded necklace and super simple to make.  I think I would like to do them for my Girl Scout Swaps for my encampment next Summer.  I think I'll do a smaller version and use a safety pin for the ladies can pin them to their hat or jacket.  Since the group is called the "Green Hat Society" I'll have to do my beads in different shades of green or even find a little green hat.  That will be a fun project to do next Spring.

All dressed up....

Necklace

Finally, Ailbe was giving me the signal that he had to go out.  So, we out for a quick potty break for a package drop and a tinkle.  After he was done I headed back to my room to get ready for bed.  Ailbe went straight to his crate after we got back.  I watched a show and then the nurse came in for the night meds.  I wasn't in any pain and so I thought I would try another night of not taking pain meds.  Another thing that I was given at our activity was a crocheted lap afghan.  They had so many to choose from.  I decided on the green, orange and white one.  It reminded me of the Irish Flag.  I think I'll use it when I go out in the mornings when its really nippy outside.

Irish Flag Lap Afghan
So, I'll see you tomorrow ... Goodnight and sweet dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment