Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Sir Ailbe Knight's Journey - Day 9


 5:45 AM - Wake up (Med time)
6:15 AM - Out for a walk/run for my morning break
6:45 AM - Breakfast for mom and me

Great news with his food situation.  He's eating really well and we're doing up to three dog walk/runs around the track.  I'll do up to 6 to 8 laps and he's so happy being out there and soaking up the sun and cooler air.

Again, after watching a couple programs it was time to hit the sack at 7 AM to get the swelling down.  I had a rough night and I can't keep my eyes open at all.  Ailbe and I both fell asleep till 10 AM when we got woken up for the 10 AM med rounds.  Plus my pain was going thru the roof.  Then I got Ailbe ready for our 1st morning track break.

After we got back in from our little jaunt it was time for lunch.  I'm so sick and tired of chicken cooked in so many ways and served EVERY DAY!! .. Some times they'll skip, but then we get it for both lunch and dinner cooked in different ways.  Also, how would you like slice pork w/ gravy for lunch and then a pork chop for dinner.   Then fried fish for lunch and baked for dinner.  Going to the dinning room lets us pick another entree, but most of its gross.  Oh, don't let me tell you how their shrimp creole tastes like.  It will make you gag after the first bite.  Then they try to serve it several times during the week.  Its funny to see trays of food left w/ that shrimp creole left untouched.  You would think with the number of waste would make a change in the kitchen.

After lunch I watched a program and then Ailbe gave me the signal it was time to take a break.  So, we headed out to the track where we did six laps and success on why we were out there in the first place.  When I got back in I was brisked off to PT.  We did some simple upper body exercises before it was time to get back to my room.  After getting help from my scooter and latrine break I went back to lay down to get the swelling down in both lower limbs.  I woke up in agony and got some pain meds and laid down till dinner.

Following dinner I went back to my room to feed Ailbe.  He's eating more food at the moment, but also doing more exercise.  At 6:15 PM we headed out for another break (3laps) before heading back to the room to get ready for BINGO.  We only have it a few times a week and its load of fun.

BINGO turned out to be a lucky night for me.  I managed to win three games and $9 in Retail Store coupons.  I now have $30 in coupons and plan a shopping spree at the beginning of Dec for my final Christmas shopping.

After BINGO I went back to the room to watch another show before getting ready for bed.  Ailbe's last outside duty call is at 10 PM.  I was also ready for some pain meds which I wanted to make sure I got before the shift ended.  Then Ailbe's uniform came off and with a big hug and kiss I said goodnight to him.  I then shut his crate for the night.  After working on my PC for awhile I turned the lights off at Midnight.

See you all tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment