Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sir Ailbe Knight's Journey - Day 4

This is what the hardware looks like in my ankle...


5:45 AM - Wake up
6:15 AM - Out for a walk/run for my morning break
6:45 AM - Breakfast for mom and me (He's still doesn't like eating more,but does finish it by Noon)
7:15 AM - Playtime in the room
7:30 - 8 AM -  Nap time for me

Around 8:45 AM Ailbe was picked up by his groomer, Deanne

I went back to bed after Ailbe left.  I was exhausted and went right back to sleep till I was woken up for the 10 AM meds.  After that it was clean up and get ready for my day.  Off to lunch at Noon.  When I got back from the dining hall they said I had a Podiatry appointment.  Today it's been two weeks since the surgery.

I got to have the dressing changed and the surgeon wanted to look at it.  The stitches are red and he wants me on a stronger antibiotic.  Otherwise he's pleased so far.  He did say it was a tough surgery with loads of damage from arthritis and bone fragments.  I have another appointment next week and hopefully I'll be able to get out the staples and stitches.  I also hope to have the cast on...

Side View of Ankle


Ailbe was so glad to see me when he got back at 4 PM.  He looks so handsome all cleaned up.  She shaved his face and feet plus trimmed his nails.  There's a little to much off above his right eye, but it will grow back soon.  I think the #7 blade done two weeks ago will be OK for another four more weeks.  Even if it grows out a little bit I think it will look like his normal haircut.  After she left he gave me the clue of  "I got to go... NOW!" ..  After we got back to room it was time to eat.


All tuckered out from my groom....
Mom, I'm trying to sleep...
Hey.... I said I want to sleep...
I went to dinner at 5 PM and sat there and asked for my tray... The dinning staff asked for my nurse and I said she's not here...  So, in a huff she took it out and said make sure your nurse is here the next time...

After dinner Sir Ailbe and I went back to the room till 6:30 PM when it was another potty break before the horse races.  We then went to the races and I kept falling asleep, but I did win 4 Retail books ($1 each -- total of $4).

After finishing my show I was so tired that I decided to go lay down early.  So, one more outing for Sir Ailbe. I went to the front desk to get some pain meds.  I'm now on "as needed" .. She gave me my other meds too and off to bed I went.  The nurse came back for one more med that needed to be given and I said the pain meds I requested hasn't kicked in (An hour since I asked for them).  She said you didn't ask and I said ask the others at the desk and they clearly heard it.  So, pain meds are kicking in and its time to drift off to sleep.

Another day is done and another to begin tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment