Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sir Ailbe Knight's Journey - Day 15

GREETINGS
5:45 AM - Wake up (Med time)
6:15 AM - Out for a walk/run for my morning break
6:45 AM - Breakfast for mom and me

Today started out being boring.  Thank heavens for a great dog who can make you laugh when you need it.  He loves playing ball and chewing on his monkey.  We had a great time playing in the room this morning.  So, in between playing and watching my programs (only when the internet let me) I couldn't believe it was lunch time already.

They brought in my tray and said that a special lunch was being served in the dining room.  That's unusual because we mainly eat in our rooms on the weekends.  So, off to the dining room where we had a FEAST!!!  The chef cooked a special dinner for us.  We had fried catfish, ham, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes (not instant), Brussel Sprouts w/ bacon, fresh green & wax beans, ribs, salad, cornbread and apple crisp.  We were given a plate with everything on it.  We all thought we went to heaven because it tasted so darn good.  All of sudden I didn't feel too hot and headed back to my room.

I had to pull the emergency cord in the bathroom.  I had to get a shower before getting changed.  So, I thought I would lay down because I really didn't feel good.  The nurse came in with a new med and I decided it was safer staying in bed to sleep then to attend Mass.  I just didn't want to be that far from my room.  I dosed off till I woke in pain a little pass 4 PM.  After getting my meds I took Ailbe out before dinner.

After returning from our outside adventure of eight laps it was time to head back in.  My tray was on the table and so I fed Ailbe first before pushing my chair over to eat.  OMG!!!  I took one look at my food and gagged.  The salmon was swimming in this cream sauce which I tried before and couldn't even eat it.  The rice was hard and had no flavor.  The final insult was the cooked spinach.  I only like spinach in dips.  Plus, I'm on blood thinners and greens cause my levels to go up.  I had a box of cheerios from one of breakfasts earlier in the week and I ate that for dinner.

After dinner I watched another show thru interruptions with the wi-fi shutting down.  Played some fetch with Ailbe before taking him out on a break before dark.  Then came back to the room and tried to get online with no success.

Finally, its time for bed....  Took Ailbe out for his last call and so I say goodnight and see you tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment