Monday, October 20, 2014

Sir Ailbe Knight's Journey - Day 8

South Entrance
5:45 AM - Wake up (Med time)
6:15 AM - Out for a walk/run for my morning break
6:45 AM - Breakfast for mom and me

Sir Ailbe's old food is beginning to work because he didn't have a package drop when we went out early this morning.  It was quite cold this morning too, but he also took  his normal time to go potty.  When I got back to my room I gave him his food.  He gobbled up the two cups of food in his normal pace of eating.  I'm glad I started him out when he was young with the divider bowl because he still eats slow today.

My blood sugar was low again this morning and so I had to drink a glass of orange juice to help bring it up.  After a lousy breakfast of scrabbled eggs and a biscuit (breakfast is very skimpy) I put the tray to one side and finished my program from the night before.  Then I went back to lay down due to the swelling.  When I got up a couple hours later I quickly took my sink bath and got dressed.  Then it was time for our morning walk/run on the track.  The weather was crisp, but the sun was trying to warm me up.  Again, no package drop and we kept going on the track and after each lap we tried.  Again nothing from Sir Ailbe.  So, back to the room to get ready for lunch at noon.

After lunch I went back to watching one show and then laying down till 2 PM meds.  Got up and asked for transfer help (basically I can do it, but they have to move the wheelchair out of the way).  As I was waiting I grabbed the camera to take some pictures of Sir Ailbe waiting for the Aide to come help me.

Sir Ailbe, WAIT!!


Come on in....

After our quick break we went to Mass in the Chapel at 3 PM.  There's not to many that go to the Mass.  I even skip BINGO because going to Church is far more important...

After Mass I came back to my room I started a program to watch before dinner arrived a little before 5 PM.  I fed Ailbe before I ate.  Again, another crappy dinner.... What I would give to have some food that tasted good.  After dinner I took Ailbe for another spin around the track.


After finishing my program I decided to lay on my back w/ my feet elevated (just before 8).  Ailbe decided to lay down in his crate.  Again, at 10 PM it was time to take him out for his final rounds.  When I came back in and got him settled I watched TV for awhile and then asked for pain meds around 11:30.  I was told I could have them after report.  I waited and waited and waited for an hour and then buzzed.  Took them another 20 min before I finally got my pain meds almost 1 hr 45 minutes after I first asked.  I'm in total pain now and hopefully I can fall asleep.  Yea - relief and its now 1:30 AM.... GRRRRR

So, goodnight till tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment