Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Sir Ailbe Knight's Journey - Day 3

Hey mom -- The view from this bed is AWESOME!!!



As my day is pretty much the same I'll just do a quick run through....

6 AM - Wake up
6:15 AM - Out for a walk/run for my morning break
6:45 AM - Breakfast for mom and me (He's still doesn't like eating more,but does finish it by Noon)
7:15 AM - Playtime in the room

After I got my sink bath and helped with dressing it was time to take Ailbe out for a longer walk/run. I left the room around 9:45 AM and stayed out for about 45 minutes.  He loves the track and we'll take a slow walk and then speed up for run.  He's found one area of the track to be his personal spot and so I'll be using that area during the day.  At night I have to use an area where there's more light.

Today we started eating lunch in the dining hall.  There really aren't many patients here and most do stay in the rooms.  I'm tired of staying in one room plus Ailbe loves going places.  We had help getting to the dinning room, but I had to push myself back to the room.  Ailbe did his normal thing of laying next to me and sleeping while I ate.

After an outing outside and just getting settled in the PT lady came.  I tried to push the chair, but my left arm hurts like heck.  She has this weird attitude and I told her I was having issues.  So, I finally got pushed to the PT room.  Her attitude carried on during the therapy session.  She would not listen to that my left elbow and shoulder hurt during some exercises and "no" she didn't give a hoot.  Then it was over to the table to lay down to do some left leg exercises.  I could not lift my left leg laying completely flat.  I finally said put a bolster under my right knee and I should be able to do them.  My left knee hasn't functioned right for years and the burn hurt like hell.  Even the left ankle exercise didn't sit right for me.  Then it was over to lift weights and she had it set at 7 lbs.  My left arm could not handle it and she lowered the weights to 5 lbs.  The right was OK, but the left can't handle it even with the curls.  I'm now sitting here and trying to type in total pain.  Why won't people listen.

After all that I decided to lay down for an hour before dinner.  I just can't sit for that long. Then it was back to the dinning hall for dinner.  When we got back to the room I fed Ailbe.  Of course he still has a half cup sitting in it.  I'll just apply it toward his breakfast.

About an hour after dinner we went to the Annual Auction put on my the American Legion.  We were given $20 play money.  I saw this large "Civil War" colors American Quilt which I thought I would leave only $18 to try too win it.  Well, bought for $2 the game, Sorry and cute necklace.  I'm given the Sorry game to some special boy and the necklace will be for my oldest granddaughter.  I also won a door prize. Its a Patriotic lap spread with cotton print on the front and flannel on the back.  Its a nice little lap one.

So, when I returned to my room I got his scooper and headed out the door for another break.  We stayed out for a half hour and the only thing he would do was a tinkle.  Back to the room for the rest of the evening.  So, decided to write my blog and then get ready for bed.  I just learned that I have to get my own pants off using a useless left leg that I haven't been able to move sideways for 17 years and with a lousy 60 degree flexion that I've had for years and years.  She says "You have to do it at home and we're  trying to make sure you can do it here" ....  Well lady, at home I have to get in my bed and do some crazy stretches to even attempt it.  So, I try to avoid it with a passion.  Guess I'll just have to suck it up and do it and shut my mouth to even ask for help. I'll just sit in my room and enjoy Ailbe's presence.  At least he doesn't talk back. I'll go out on walks inside and out all during the day to avoid being there.  The day Staff are the kind ones and so far the evenings and nights are hit and misses.  So, talk to you all tomorrow.....




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like both of you had a busy day. I would want to get out of the room too.

    ReplyDelete