Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sir Ailbe Knight's Journey - Day 6

Sir Ailbe and Ladybug


5:45 AM - Wake up (Med time)
6:15 AM - Out for a walk/run for my morning break
6:45 AM - Breakfast for mom and me

Today was another lazy day of staying mostly in bed to help get the swelling down in my left foot and ankle.  It always gets that way since I broke it a very long time ago.  On Monday I'll get my "Ted" hose which will help reduce the swelling.   Tonight I'll have to sleep on my back with higher elevation.  So, I'm not looking forward to that position.

Pillow HOG!!!
Since my left leg continues to give me issues with swelling I had to spend a couple more hours in bed with it elevated.  Then I took Ailbe out for his afternoon walk/run (1 mile) which he LOVES to do. I got some great outside photos today.

Sir Ailbe and Ladybug

The weather is looking more like Fall.  I'm so glad I don't have to rake a yard this year.  After our half break we returned to the room where I could get ready for the dinning hall.  I've got to say the food is still crappy.  When I finally got back to the room I fed Ailbe and went on my PC to watch one of my programs.  Ailbe then did a normal break at 7 PM.  When we got back to the room it was time to play ball and throw his monkey.  I'm still missing a bag with my clorox wipes, his new alligator and food tray.  I'll have to wait till I get home to find them.

PT came in with my new wheelchair and chair pad.  Looks pretty cool with the speckled look.

My new set of wheels...

After finishing up my program at 10 PM I took out Ailbe out for his last spin.  When I was out his leash got stuck in the wheel, but someone was outside and helped me get out of the jam we were in.  I then went back in to get ready for bed.  I decided to hit the sack by 11 PM (normally I'm up till Midnight or 1 AM).

So, talk yo to tomorrow and I'll let you know how sleeping on my back went.  I hope I don't have to wake up during the night.  It's going to be fun trying to move all the pillows.


No comments:

Post a Comment